The Cardiovascular Surgery Program at San Antonio Regional Hospital's Heart Institute provides a full range of surgical treatment for coronary artery disease, heart valve diseases, and diseases of the thoracic aorta.
We emphasize an integrated team approach to provide the best care for each patient. Our board-certified cardiovascular surgeons communicate closely with specially trained nurses and technologists to provide responsive, seamless, quality care to patients and their families.
Another outstanding feature of our Heart Institute is the availability of nurse navigators who are registered nurses. These RNs help patients and families prepare for the surgery, update the family during the surgery, and help with discharge
needs to prepare for the transition home.
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Cardiac valve repair and replacement
- Adult congenital heart surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Cardiac arrhythmia surgery (Maze Procedure)
- Thoracic (esophageal, chest and lung) surgery
- Percutaneous Mechanical Circulatory Support
Working closely with the cardiovascular surgical team, our dedicated cardiac surgery anesthesiologists utilize advanced protocols, ensuring constant assessment and optimal patient stability during every procedure, including highly specialized services like Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation.
Heart Institute Quick Links