GET WITH THE GUIDELINES® – STROKE AWARD 2022
San Antonio Regional Hospital is nationally recognized for its commitment to high quality stroke care.
San Antonio Regional Hospital also received the American Heart Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award. This award aims to ensure patients with Type 2 diabetes, who might be at higher risk for complications, receive the most up-to-date, evidence-based care when hospitalized due to stroke.
When treating a possible stroke, seconds count. The guidelines were developed to improve stroke care by promoting consistent adherence to the latest scientific treatment guidelines which help speed the delivery of treatment for patients. San Antonio’s stroke response team members work diligently to reduce treatment time – from the moment the patient arrives in our emergency department until the medical team can diagnose a stroke and administer the lifesaving tPA clot-busting drug. This reduces the disabling effects of stroke and saves lives.
Awards and Accolades Quick Links
- Healthgrades 50 Best Award
- IBM Watson Health Award
- Blue Distinction Maternity
- Blue Distinction Hip and Knee
- Best Hospital by Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
- Women’s Choice Orthopedics
- Women’s Choice Heart
- Women’s Choice Stroke
- Women’s Choice Cancer
- Guidelines Stroke Award 2022
- Breast Center of Excellence
- Designated Center for Breastfeeding Support
- Fit-Friendly Worksite
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals