Communication and Collaboration Define the Culture at San Antonio Regional Hospital
Our culture is communication
You'll see this commitment from the top down. There are countless ways in which the hospital makes sure that communication is accurate and consistent, such as:
- Management's hands-on approach and open door policy that strikes a balance between support and autonomy
- Inclusion of Care Team Member representatives at the monthly President's Luncheon
- Attendance of the Executive Management Group at all new Care Team Member orientations
- The Fountain, our newsletter for Care Team Members and volunteers
- Ongoing communications via e-mail, open forums, and rounding
- Professional Practice Forums and other Hospital committees, staff meetings, and newsletters
In addition, San Antonio works to improve communications among Care Team Members in order to improve patient outcomes. Our computerized charting system achieved "meaningful use" status through the federal government in 2011. This resulted in the hospital receiving financial incentives and the distinction as one of only five percent of hospitals nationwide to achieve this status.
We walk the talk
While many employers may claim to have a tight-knit community that is guided by shared values, San Antonio actually walks the talk. Our Care Team Members are united by various events and activities that benefit individuals, the hospital, and the community that we serve. This includes:
- HCAHPS (Hospital Care Quality Information from the Consumer Perspective) awareness events
- Ice cream socials
- Health & Hot Rods Men's Health Event
- Blood drives
- Halloween festivities
- Cardiac Symposiums
- Hiking club
- Community Education classes
- 4URHEALTH Events
- DAISY and LEAF Award Events
- Educational Opportunities
- Care Team Member Events
- Patient centered care that involves the patient and family to be an active part of their healthcare decisions.
- We employ a safety officer and have a Safety Committee that is devoted to Care Team Members, patient, and hospital safety.
- The hospital recognizes the compassion of Care Team Members through the Craig Award, named for our founder and presented annually to an Care Team Member for exceptional hospital and community service.
- Respect is shown by acknowledging various opinions and beliefs, evidenced by executive management group rounding, care team member satisfaction surveys, and the president’s luncheon.
- Integrity is maintained through an ethics hotline, which allows Care Team Members to raise concerns anonymously and without fear of retaliation.
- San Antonio has been recognized for excellence through awards from HealthGrades, Consumer Reports, and U.S. News & World Report.