Listen to this article - English & Spanish
Living and Working in California's Inland Empire, Home to San Antonio Regional Hospital
Welcome to the Inland Empire.
Providing hope and healing to a community of more than one million people, San Antonio Regional Hospital is located in Upland, at the foot of California's San Bernardino Mountains. Serving the residents of the western Inland Empire, our community continues on a remarkable journey – from a small rural outpost to one of California's major economic forces.
In fact, the Inland Empire – consisting of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties combined – is one of the fastest-growing regions in the United States. Our Care Team Members, many of whom live in and around Upland, share the same pride in our community as they do in the hospital. You'll see them at community events, at the local schools and enjoying the distinct features of the area, such as Historic Downtown Upland. This charming district offers a quiet, leisurely place to shop antique stores, peruse custom boutiques, and dine at fine restaurants. There's also the Second Avenue Market, a certified farmer's market, open every Thursday evening during the spring and summer.
Other benefits of our community:
- Uniquely situated between sunny beaches and breathtaking mountain ski resorts
- An easy drive to area attractions in Los Angeles and Palm Springs, as well as Mt. Baldy
- Beautiful, yet affordable, neighborhoods and family-friendly lifestyles
- Great schools, an abundance of parks, and endless shopping venues
Exceptional institutions for higher learning and professional development
It's a community worth committing to.
We're all in this together.
San Antonio's vision for serving the community is based on the idea that the best way to make a difference is to partner with other healthcare providers, public benefit agencies, and community leaders. This ensures the most effective use of our resources to the greatest benefit of the people who make the Inland Empire a dynamic place to live.
Dedicated to improving the overall health of our community, San Antonio's financial assistance policy provides relief to those who might otherwise face significant financial hardships. The hospital also benefits the community through classes, support groups, community lectures, and special events. We reach out to meet the needs of vulnerable individuals through Healthy Beginnings and Women Caring for Women.
Additional San Antonio offerings that benefit our community include:
- Safe Surrender Program – No shame. No blame. No names. That's the approach of the Safe Surrender Program, an outgrowth of the "Safe Haven" law.
- Generations Ahead - San Antonio Regional Hospital understands the importance of supporting healthy lifestyle choices at all ages. Generations Ahead provides targeted services and programs designed to assist older adults in maintaining their health and vitality. Our seniors have enriched the community and in return the hospital constantly strives to recognize their contributions by helping them maintain their health and vitality.